Maria Espina, PT, DPT, CEAS, Owner
Dr. Espina attended physical therapy school at Cebu Doctors University and obtained her bachelor's degree in physical therapy in 1997. She cared for patients in the Philippines in a variety of rehabilitation settings.
In 2003, Maria moved to California where she obtained her United States physical therapy license. While in California she spent time helping patients and businesses including:
- Home health patients,
- Outpatient orthopedics patients,
- Injured workers,
- Ergonomic consulting clients, and
- She was the rehabilitation director at several facilities.
In 2016, she moved to Hawaii and opened MovementPlus Physical Therapy in Waipahu, Hawaii.
She added a doctoral degree in physical therapy from Dominican College in 2019, in order to provide the best care possible to her patients.
Dr. Espina specializes in:
- Manual therapy, which is the use of specialized hands-on techniques to facilitate recovery.
- Orthopedic rehab of neck, back, shoulder, hip, knee and foot & ankle patients.
- She performs functions capacity evaluations.
- She an expert at treating injured workers and with return to work rehab.
She often travels to businesses to perform onsite ergonomic evaluations and consulting services.
When she's not treating patients, Maria likes to spend time with her 2 kids, plays golf, and enjoys relaxing at one of Hawaii's many beautiful beaches.
For more information and help from Dr. Espina, PT, call or office at (808) 600-9148